"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
-Homer J. Simpson

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Conservative Saskatchewan Party sells out Farmers on Wheat Board

So what does the Saskatchewan Party have to say about the ongoing Wheat Board issue?

They don't stand up for the farmers of Saskathcewan, they stand up for their Federal Overlords.

Here are some quotes from thier throne speech debate:

“Farmers at night don’t lay awake at night worrying about whether the Canadian Wheat Board exists or is going to survive.”
- Sask Party MLA Randy Weeks, October 30, 2006

The larger philosophical point which exists here is the members opposite believe that it is all right if people with property, if 51 per cent of them are to vote, that they have the right, in a tyranny of the majority, to suppress the rights of the other 49 per cent.
- Sask Party MLA Jason Dearborn, October 20, 2006
“And the agriculture industry is in a terrible shape while we’ve had the Canadian Wheat Board in place.”
- Sask Party MLA Randy Weeks, October 30, 2006